Friday, April 29, 2011

Designerator is Open Source

The last weeks I have been working hard on the Designerator Eclipse Plugins and I have finally finished. Well, not really since it all is a never ending story (Sisyphus must have been a programmer), but I have set up an Update Site for Eclipse at:

designerator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/org.designerator.update.eclipse/

There are 3 plugins, Media Manager, Image Processing and the Color Plugin, which basically have the same functionality as Designerator RCP.  All are under the EPL license. The code is available from my Google Code Project Site. I also have just released a new update of Designerator, which fixes quite a few Bugs. Please give it a try and download! For now Designerator compares to Picasa Desktop, but also supports Flickr and YouTube and has a nice Interface to FFmpeg.


For all of you that do not know about the Designerator Project yet, take a look at this chart. it gives you a good impression about the complexity and ambition of the project.


The Media Manager is quite finished,  what I am still working on is the Web Manager - the core of the project. The final aim is to create a real alternative to the Facebook Internet, which really is the opposite of the Idea of a free world wide web.

Back to the Eclipse Plugins. Do you need a Media Manager for Progamming? You need Icons. When I imported my special Icon Folder I was quite surprised when I saw this:


54000 icons to import. Amazing! Most of them were from the Open Icon Library. Thats all for now. I would be happy for any feedback. Next week I will publish a tutorial on the new Designerator Image Processing Framework for Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment