Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Google Code Hosting and Internationalizing

I knew I wanted it simple and without any complications and Google Code promised just that. To create the SVN based project and commit all the plugins took very little time. Since I am the team I do not really need a lot of team support and so far  the simplicity of Google Code suits me well. What I do not get is the Wiki Syntax. What is the advantage over Html? There is one mayor caveat though. I cannot upload the large Designerator.exe (including the JRE), which has about 90mb. I have tried ten times, but it keeps failing. 60mb files work fine, but 90mb files are bound for Nirvana.

I finally finished the German language support. God, what a tedious work and boring! The Eclipse/PDE support is great. I don't know what I would have done without it. You need a little trick though to side step a little bug. What  I did was:
  1. Externalize Strings package by package
  2. PDE - Internationalize plugin
Now everything looks perfect, but the output Plugin/Fragment from PDE/ Internationalize  was not recognized by Eclipse when I tested it. So I created a new Fragment Project, copied all files from the PDE/Internationalize Output into the Fragment Project and - voila - Eclipse speaks German! The accent is somewhat funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment